- Public Workouts
Find out more about the iMobileIntervals iPhone app here
iMobileIntervals can now control the resistance of the WahooFitness KICKR trainer, which has just begun shipping in early March.
With version 2.19 iMobileIntervals becomes the first 3rd party app to support the awesome WahooFitness RFLKT remote display.
iMi features training plans you can easily build from public or personal workouts, activate and use in the iMi app on a daily basis. Each day's workout is available under "My Planned Workouts", and your workouts are available as an iCal feed. If you belong to an iMi group you can easily share this training plan with group members, and you can also sell it to other users on this website. Have a look at our Demo training plan.
iMi 2.1 now features live data transmission to a embeddable widget. Use the code below to embed the widget. Just edit the instances of IMIUSER=username. You can opt out of using the map by setting USEMAP=no.
What does iMi do?
- iPhone 5, 4S or iPad 3 users can connect to Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors, power meters and speed/cadence sensors, and display their workouts on TV using AppleTV 2 and AirPlay.
- New! Let iMi control the resistance of your Wahoo KICKR trainer (Bluetooth Smart only, ANT+ coming soon) according to interval intensity zone.
- New! Keep your phone in your pocket and view/control iMi on the Wahoo RFLKT remote display (Bluetooth Smart only).
- With a WahooFitness ANT+ accessory, iMi can function as a cycling computer or runner's watch, displaying power, speed, pace, cadence and heart rate. Suuno HRM is also supported.
- iMi can send live data to a telemetry widget. Embed your own or use the one provided at http://imobileintervals.com/t/imiusername
- Use the iMi Facebook app (http://apps.facebook.com/imobileintervals) to post notifications of starting telemetry or workout completion, and look at your and your friends' workout results.
- iMi collects your intervals, splits and data samples and relays them to your imobileintervals, Garmin Connect or TrainingPeaks accounts automatically, or to your desktop using Dropbox.
- iMi works with "Powered by TrainingPeaks" sites too, like Runner's World Personal Trainer, Timex and DigiFit.
- With iMi you can browse your TrainingPeaks calendar, load your TrainingPeaks workouts to your iDevice, run your workout and have your TrainingPeaks workout automatically updated with your results.
- iMi can run locked in your pocket and collect many hours of data.
- iMi works great without the ANT+ accessory too. Uses iPhone GPS to display speed, distance and pace if a stride or speed sensor is not present.
- Power meter users get Intensity Factor, Normalized Power and TSS displayed, as well as 5sec, 10, 20, 30 and 60sec power.
- In addition to the sophisticated workout-building capabilities of the website, the iMi app has in-app workout building and open-ended workouts.
- Create interval splits on the fly in open-ended workouts.
- Workouts built on this website and loaded to the iDevice feature voice prompting of the upcoming activity.
- iMi displays your personal target watts and heart rate for the current interval.
- iMi contains a built-in implementation of the ipod music player with which you can:
- Set a default music collection
- Set a music collection for a given workout
- Set per-intensity-zone music collections
- Set the app to auto-start music with the workout
- iMi will automatically "duck" the player volume when it needs to speak.
- Get daily workouts that have been added to a Training Plan on the iMi website. When one or more plans is active, the iDevice will fetch the current day's workouts, and allow "earlier/later" browsing of the plan's workouts.
- Get workouts that are shared among a group. Groups (e.g. coaching group, college team) can be configured by the iMi administrator and group admins designated who can invite users to join.
- iMi also supports posting of your workout results to Twitter and Facebook.
How does iMi work with this website?
iMi can work without the website, but there are many cool features provided here:
- After registering on this site, you can create your own workouts. You may set the workout to public to share with the iMi community.
- An iMi username is required for use of the telemetry feature.
- When you save the workout the intervals are processed in to speech and converted into small Ogg Vorbis files on the server.
- Your user profile saves your personal aerobic threshold watts and heart rate, and the iMi app will use these values to calculate your target range for each interval where a zone is specified.
- In your device settings app you enter your user/pwd for this site and when launched the IMI app will show your personal and group workouts.
- When you load a workout to your device the workout and its audio files are saved on the device and remain there until you delete them. The average workout has only about 1MB of data to load
- Create your own training plans of workouts or have a coach/group_admin assign you training plans with workouts that appear on a daily basis in your device.