- Public Workouts
Find out more about the iMobileIntervals iPhone app here
Submitted by Ransom
on Fri, 2014-01-10 18:45
3.2 is an exciting release for iMobileIntervals. In addition to numerous bug fixes, we have the following new features:
- iOS 7 user interface
- Magellan Echo remote wristwatch display support, featuring:
- Duration, interval/split time, heart rate, distance and pace display
- Current and next interval info scroller
- Upcoming interval info alert with chime
- Tap watch face to get large instant pace and distance *
- Lap generates info alert with average pace and distance for the lap *
- Hard button controls to start/stop/skip songs, start/stop/restart workout, lap or skip interval
- WahooFitness RFLKT+ remote display support, featuring:
- Accurate elevation readings from barometric altimeter
- Display of elevation and temperature
- Connect ANT+ sensors through the RFLKT+ unit (ANT+ bridge)
- Integrated FTP (Functional Threshold Performance) test. After completing the test interval, the app will compute your FTP power and heart rate and save to settings
- Accessibility improvements for the visually impaired
* When the iPhone is in VoiceOver accessibility mode, lap and screen tap for Echo will speak the data for the visually impaired athlete!
WahooFitness KICKR integration also comes in for some updates, adding the ability to manually dial in an ERG watts when doing an open-ended workout.
Submitted by Ransom
on Sat, 2013-06-22 09:04
A big update for the app has just been approved by Apple and is available on the app store. Some of the main features:
iMi features training plans you can easily build from public or personal workouts, activate and use in the iMi app on a daily basis. Each day's workout is available under "My Planned Workouts", and your workouts are available as an iCal feed. If you belong to an iMi group you can easily share this training plan with group members, and you can also sell it to other users on this website. Have a look at our Demo training plan.
What does iMi do?
- New! Load workouts from your Garmin Connect library or calendar! Includes open-ended interval advance from lap button press or heart rate limit reached.
- New! Let iMi control the resistance of your Wahoo KICKR trainer (Bluetooth Smart or ANT+) according to interval intensity zone or a specific watts value or percentage or user's functional threshold power (FTP)
- New! Keep your phone in your pocket and view/control iMi on the Wahoo RFLKT remote display (Bluetooth Smart only).
- iPhone 5, 4S or iPad 3 users can connect to Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors, power meters and speed/cadence sensors, and display their workouts on TV using AppleTV 2 and AirPlay.
- With a WahooFitness ANT+ accessory, iMi can function as a cycling computer or runner's watch, displaying power, speed, pace, cadence and heart rate. Suuno HRM is also supported.
- iMi can send live data to a telemetry widget. Embed your own or use the one provided at http://imobileintervals.com/t/[imiusername]
- Use the iMi Facebook app (http://apps.facebook.com/imobileintervals) to post notifications of starting telemetry or workout completion, and look at your and your friends' workout results.
- iMi collects your intervals, splits and data samples and relays them to your imobileintervals, Garmin Connect or TrainingPeaks accounts automatically, or to your desktop using Dropbox.
- iMi works with "Powered by TrainingPeaks" sites too, like Runner's World Personal Trainer, Timex and DigiFit.
- With iMi you can browse your TrainingPeaks calendar, load your TrainingPeaks workouts to your iDevice, run your workout and have your TrainingPeaks workout automatically updated with your results.
- iMi can run locked in your pocket and collect many hours of data.
- iMi works great without biometric sensors too. Uses iPhone GPS to display speed, distance and pace if a stride or speed sensor is not present.
- Power meter users get Intensity Factor, Normalized Power and TSS displayed, as well as 5sec, 10, 20, 30 and 60sec power.
- In addition to the sophisticated workout-building capabilities of the website, the iMi app has in-app workout building and open-ended workouts.
- Create splits on the fly in open-ended workouts.
- Optional voice prompting of the upcoming activity.
- iMi displays your personal target watts and heart rate for the current interval.
- iMi contains a built-in implementation of the ipod music player with which you can:
- Set a default music collection
- Set a music collection for a given workout
- Set per-intensity-zone music collections
- Set the app to auto-start music with the workout
- iMi will automatically "duck" the player volume when it needs to speak.
- Get daily workouts that have been added to a Training Plan on the iMi website. When one or more plans is active, the iDevice will fetch the current day's workouts, and allow "earlier/later" browsing of the plan's workouts.
- Get workouts that are shared among a group. Groups (e.g. coaching group, college team) can be configured by the iMi administrator and group admins designated who can invite users to join.
- iMi also supports posting of your workout results to Twitter and Facebook.
How does iMi work with this website?
iMi can work without the website, but there are many cool features provided here:
- After registering on this site, you can create your own workouts. You may set the workout to public to share with the iMi community.
- An iMi username is required for use of the telemetry feature.
- Your user profile saves your personal aerobic threshold watts and heart rate, and the iMi app will use these values to calculate your target range for each interval where a zone is specified.
- In your device settings app you enter your user/pwd for this site and when launched the IMI app will show your personal and group workouts.
- Create your own training plans of workouts or have a coach/group_admin assign you training plans with workouts that appear on a daily basis in your device.