- Public Workouts
**20 Minute FTP Test
This workout is what Hunter Allen recommends for testing your FTP.
After completing the test interval, this workout will calculate your FTP HR and power, and prompt you to save them to your account and settings. NOTE: if you clone and edit this workout, this feature will be lost. In this case you can manually calculate FTP as follows:
After finishing, upload your workout to iMobileIntervals, TrainingPeaks, Garmin Connect, or download it over Dropbox/email and find the average watts for the 20 minute effort. Multiply by 0.95. That is your Functional Threshold Power (FTP). You should enter this value in your iMobileIntervals.com website account settings or in the iMobileIntervals app settings in order to use workouts that use %FTP to control the KICKR in ERG mode, as well as display target watts/zone/perceived exertion in the app for any type of interval workout. To do the same with heart rate, multiply by 0.97.
Other ways of determining FTP (via Coggan):
1) from inspection of a ride file.
2) from power distribution profile from multiple rides.
3) from blood lactate measurements (better or worse, depending on how it is done).
4) based on normalized power from a hard ~1 h race.
5) using critical power testing and analysis.
6) from the power that you can routinely generate during long intervals done in training.
7) from the average power during a ~1 h TT (the best predictor of performance is performance itself).
Total Time: 01:05:00